Monday, February 27, 2023

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Scarlet!

Hi, my name is Scarlet Beaulieu and I was a final candidate in the 2022 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Statewide Election. I’m now a member of the 2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet working with Kid Governor Ellie!

I ran on a platform that addresses littering. I chose this issue because I see littering and pieces of litter on the ground every day in my community and many more communities. My three-point platform is:

1) Make a club that provides outreach to expand participation in litter cleanup.         

2) Create a network to educate people about littering and raise community awareness through virtual and physical materials.           

3) Organize a Connecticut Trash Walk Day for schools and communities along with other cleanup activities.


Since the Statewide Election, I have been organizing a community litter cleanup on Earth Day (April 22nd) where I and other people from the community will take groups of community members to different parts of my town, Andover, and clean up around that area. Three of the clean-up stations include Andover Beach Lake, the Andover Town Hall area, and the Andover Public Library area.

   

If you would like to support my platform, you can go on litter cleanups, organize school cleanup walks, or spread awareness through social media and fliers around your school!

I would love to hear how you are making a difference around littering in your own community. Email Cabinet@CT.KidGovernor.org to tell me all about it! You can also visit CT.KidGovernor.org/Cabinet2023 to read about the other members of the Kid Governor’s Cabinet.

Scarlet Beaulieu
2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet 
Andover Elementary School      
Andover

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Liliana Donates Books!

Hello, I am Liliana and I am a part of the  2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet ! My platform is about literacy and improving access to books. I...