Thursday, February 23, 2023

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Jacob!


Hi, my name is Jacob Garay. I’m a member of the 2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet! I live in Hartford and I go to school at CREC Discovery Academy in Wethersfield. My platform addresses bullying. I chose this issue because 
bullying is wrong. I believe that everyone should be treated equally, and not judged by their looks or their differences. My three-point platform will help with this issue. It is to: 

1. Create bullying prevention clubs in Connecticut schools.

2. Inform people about bullying and educate kids about picking the right friends.

3. Create buddy schools for students from different schools to form friendships.


Since the Statewide Election, I started my term at Inauguration Day. I also had my first Cabinet Meeting with Kid Governor Ellie and my fellow Cabinet Members. We did a scavenger hunt around Connecticut's Old State House and learned along the way about Connecticut's history! My favorite part was visiting Joseph Stweard's Museum of Curiosities. Lastly, I have been working on my platform by being an upstander in my community, in school meetings, with friends, and by making new friendships too. I always try to stand up against bullying when I see it happening at my school! 

Here are some ideas for ways kids can help stop bullying in their communities. I want to try some of these this year! What ways will you try? 

  • Interview 5th graders about their feelings on bullying
  • Make uplifting cards for people that are feeling down
  • Start a club at your school about socializing and expressing yourself
  • Write about bullying, and maybe even try to publish it! 

I would love to hear how you are making a difference in your community on the topic of bullying! Email Cabinet@CT.KidGovonor.org to tell me all about it. I hope you’re all making a difference in CT! 

Jacob Garay
2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet 
CREC Discovery Academy      
Hartford/Wethersfield   

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Liliana Donates Books!

Hello, I am Liliana and I am a part of the  2023 Kid Governor's Cabinet ! My platform is about literacy and improving access to books. I...